Still...


Inside and around Castle Gravesbane

User avatar

GM

Posts: 1044

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:55 pm

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:59 am

Still...

Early morning has come and gone at the castle, yet the morning air is still crisp. Val sits in the courtyard focused with fiddling with something in her lap. From time to time, she picks it up holding its pieces tightly together before putting it back down and rearranging it in her lap.
User avatar

New in Town
New in Town

Posts: 19

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Location: In Your Closet

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Paen, who had been 'passed out' on a chair, yawns and stretches as he wakes up. He gets up and walks into the courtyard, his equipment not yet on him. Upon noticing Val fiddling with the object in her lap, he walks over to her and takes a look at it. "Hi there. I'm Paen! Who are you?" he says, as he squats at eye-level approximately 4 feet away from her.
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 444

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:57 am

Location: Castle Gravesbane

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:08 pm

The door to the castle opens, and the aroma of bread baking in the oven wafts out. Esmerelda pauses in the doorway, taking a deep breath and savoring the morning air. Finding herself not alone, she walks over to Val.

"What are you working on?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
User avatar

New in Town
New in Town

Posts: 19

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Location: In Your Closet

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Upon seeing the queen enter the room, Paen immediately stops what he is doing and stands at attention. "Ms. Queen Esmerelda! I was just about to come looking for you."
User avatar

GM

Posts: 1044

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:55 pm

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:43 pm

Without looking up Val responds to Paen, "Hello, I'm a little busy right now. I'll give you a proper introduction in just... a ... moment." The last part of the sentence she seems to be struggling a bit with the object.

Esmeralda easily recognizes the six pieces of wood Val is trying to form together in her lap. "Almost got it.." As Val continues to try to balance the majority of the pieces in formation in one hand, she tries to add another piece with the other. Two pieces fall off the formation onto her lap. She frowns for a moment and puts all the pieces down, stands up and turns to the queen.

"I just wanted to finish it," she says with a curtsy.
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 444

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:57 am

Location: Castle Gravesbane

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:55 pm

Esmerelda blushes as Val curtsys to her.

"I understand that need to finish it. I had it modeled after one of the puzzles that was meant to entrap the fire king." A sad look crosses her face and lingers in her eyes. Softly she adds, "it was the one that fell apart and set him free. It's the one I studied the most so that should the chance ever come to entrap him again, I'd be able to assemble it quickly."

Picking up the pieces, she hands them to Val. "best of luck with it. I wanted to ask you, did you find the codex useful? Perhaps we can have one made for you..."

Quirking an eyebrow, she turns to address Paen. "Lady Esmerelda will do if you feel the need to add a title before my name," she says with a half laugh. "What can I do for you?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
User avatar

GM

Posts: 1044

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:55 pm

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:40 pm

"How clever of you!"

*Val continues to listen*

"The fire king?"

"Ah yes, it was indeed quite helpful." *Val smiles brightly at the suggestion of one being constructed for her own use* "I would be most grateful and deeply honored to have one of my own."

*she pauses to think for a moment*

"I had considered spending more time studying my books with the hope that when the time came, I would be able to remember more of their content and perhaps have more insight for when such troubling situations may arise. Unfortunately, such a thing would take time from my studies in herb-lore."

*Val has a somewhat saddened look when mentions neglecting her herb-lore breaking eye contact with Esmeralda. She then looks back into Esmeralda's eyes.*

"Well, I am young yet. I will figure this out."

*Val starts picking up two of the wooden pieces and begins inspecting how they might fit together properly.*
User avatar

GM

Posts: 557

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:36 am

Location: Lowell, MI

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:07 pm

*Laughing can be heard as Serith approaches

"If you are that young then I must still be in Diapers..."

*Giving a playful nod to Val, Serith bows as ever to the Queen

"I will second the request to get Val a Codex, it was INVALUABLE in solving alot of our quests this past moon! I was also hoping to ask about getting a couple things crafted as well."

*Motioning to the 4 people standing behind him

"I am off to the Village to find if I can set Cuthbert, May, and the Children a new house to start making it into a home."

*Smiling and bowing to the Queen and then to Val, Serith mouths the words Thank you to Val as he heads to the exit."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
User avatar

New in Town
New in Town

Posts: 19

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Location: In Your Closet

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:04 pm

When an opening appears, Paen asks Esmerelda timidly, "I know there were some questions about my morality recently. I would like to firmly disprove these accusations. Is there anything I can do to redeem myself, at least in your eyes, Lady Esmerelda?"
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 370

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:09 pm

Location: Norton Shores, MI

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:09 pm

~: An unmistakable mix of ivory, crimson and malicious intent was finding its way to the Courtyard, perhaps set on leaving the sun and entering the shade of the mighty Castle Gravesbane. True he had visited the Portal earlier to return to Avanguard...but perhaps he'd thought better of that endeavor. Now the very thought twisted his face with a building anger, screwing up the obsidian visage he wore to reflect his brooding thoughts. :~

~: No, that trip had only had him believe Serith even further. The only good that could be brought to that accursed contraption was utter annihilation. What good had come to this land from Avanguard, save perhaps a few golden eggs in a mile-wide river of effluence? A deep growl filled him, chattering the teeth of his black glass mask as he approached Serith :~

~: He didn't say anything, save that the growl subsided entirely. Hell, he even managed a smile that showed pearl white beneath the black blades of his mask. After Serith had been visibly disgusted with him he'd taken to cleaning the blood from its teeth as well as his chest. That smile came with a nod before the Valkyn'Vi passed onward towards her Royal Majesty. :~

~: Alas others were in conversation, and his eye of red, eye of blue found a face he wasn't familiar with, the female he was having trouble remembering and of course the Queen herself. Ever the honorable gentleman in her presence (and of course for no one else) he stood at perfect attention, legs clamped together with his white arms pressed to his sides. And so like that he would wait kindly, all the while steeling glances at Val and her puzzle pieces. :~
Last edited by Nick on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
User avatar

GM

Posts: 1044

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:55 pm

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:06 pm

*As Serith approaches she gives a nod in greeting and then an ever so slight bow in return after his to the queen. She again turns her attention to the wooden puzzle and glaces away from it once or twice to watch Serith depart.*

*While Paen speaks and the Valkin'Vi approaches, she seems to not pay them much mind, instead continuing to concentrate on other matters at hand*
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 444

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:57 am

Location: Castle Gravesbane

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:19 pm

Esmerelda smiles at the family with Serith. "Go see Elder Smith in the village. He should be able to help you find housing for them. If not a permanent home right away, he'll know who they can stay with until something can be built for them."

At Paen's question she sadly shakes her head. "Actions speak louder than words, Paen. Only time will tell your true intent here. I merely suggest you act in accordance with how you wish others to perceive you. Although there is hope- I could name several townsmembers who did not make such a great impression at first that now I would consider a great asset to the town."

Esmerelda turned to face Legion. Spotting his new cleanliness she smiled, but refrained from commenting on it. "What can I do for you this fine morning? Breakfast will be ready in a bit if you're hungry..."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
User avatar

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Posts: 34

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:47 am

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Tyr staggers into the courtyard from the gate. He is visibly nursing his head and keeps to the shade as his eyes are half closed in the morning light
"Greetings."
He stops a moment to light his pipe then continues
"You people of Haven sure know how to throw a proper celebration, but someone tell me, the alcohol for the drinking game, do you drink that regularly or did you just pull randoms from Smitty's store?"
He wears a sarcastic sneer on his face as he opens his eyes long enough to recognize those present. Then proceeds back to puffing on his pipe
"I have been dealing with a nasty hangover since that game, enough about my troubles. How are you all fairing on this lovely morning?"
User avatar

New in Town
New in Town

Posts: 19

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Location: In Your Closet

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:04 pm

Paen responds happily upon seeing Tyr, "I'm doing alright! Hey, since we are all here, I heard something about a group called the Phoenix Guard or something like that. Their beliefs are relevant to my interests. Does anyone know how I can find them?
Everybody with your fists raised high,
Let me hear your battle cry!
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 444

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:57 am

Location: Castle Gravesbane

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:53 pm

Esmerelda smiles wryly ar Tyr.

"No, that it not what we drink normally. Those were some special brews from Caledonia that were used for the contest. Glad you enjoyed them. If you need something for your head, I have some tamer brews inside that might do the trick."

At Paen's mention of the Phoenix guard, her smile disappears and sorrow fills the young woman's eyes.

"Sadly, most of the Phoenix guard is no longer around. Their leader, Donovan, perished in the Night of Burning Skulls. The only Phoenix in town now would be Gabrial. I would suggest you direct your querries to him."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Next

Return to Castle Gravesbane

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Designed by ST Software for PTF.